Unit One -- --due on Day of the Test --
Unit Two--due on day of the test --
Unit Three--due on Day of the Test
Unit Four--due on Day of the Test
EXTRA CREDIT MUSEUM--National Museum of Funeral History -- You must bring ticket stub and 1/2 page review of what you saw, with 2 photos printed at the bottom.
EXTRA CREDIT FILMS-- Both of these are readily available on most streaming services--
- 12 Years A Slave -- Viewing Guide -- this is an excellent film but sometimes violent and often disturbing due to the events it presents. Based on the bio of the main character.
- The Greatest Showman -- Viewing Guide --this is a ficitonal version of the life of PT Barnum and the creation of his circus. HIstorical accuracy at about 40-50% bu I love it.
UNIT FIVE--extra credit films
Lincoln and THe Conspirator are 6 points (very long) and Glory is 5. You must print out the guide and answer in PEN. You may NOT type answers
- Lincoln (Director: Steven Spielberg, 2012) use THIS GUIDE for Lincoln
- Glory (Director: Edward Zwick, 1989) use THIS GUIDE for Glory
- The Conspirator : ( Director: Robert Redford, 2010) use THIS GUIDE for The Conspirator
- Gone with the Wind (Director: Victor Fleming, 1939)-- this is a long, epic film and its Southern bias is strong. However, as a portrait of the southern homefront, it's pretty decent and several kids requested it as an option. Here is the Viewing Guide. I stole it from another teacher, and as it is a pdf, made no changes. However, for our purposes, it is the same number of points as the others. You pick any 10 questions and answer them.
UNIT SIX -- extra credit films
Option One -- You may watch one or two episodes of The Men Who Built America and answer the questions -- 3 pts per episode. ONLY EPISODES 1 to 6 are eligible for extra credit, as hopefully we will watch parts of 7 and 8 in class. IF YOU DO 7 or 8 you will NOT get credit. You can find the series on Amazon, PBS and all over youtube. Here are the Questions
Option Two -- See Gallos' page for regular movie options, 5 pts.
UNIT SEVEN Ex Credit Film
Legends of the Fall movie --on multiple streaming services -- Complete questions
Print out the document below and follow the instructions. All three video clips are free on YouTube. The extra credit will be due in-class on February 6th.
UNIT EIGHT -- extra credit Films -- all are 5 pts
Gallos and I have some different options this time. All are good, but only these are valid for credit in our class. Choose one--Due on day of exam.
- Inherit the Wind 1960 or 1999 version only.
- Race with Stephen James and Jason Sudeikis - Form -- ignore the date. Due on day of exam
- The Untouchables --1987 -- Kevin Costner and Sean Connery
- ALSO -Since we didnt get to it in class, you may do FDR's inaugural address /questions for extra credit. See unit and/or Babbling
UNIT NINE -- extra credit films -- all but Schlindler's List are 5 pts, SL is 7
Warning -- All of this movies are, in some way, real. They are also about war and sacrifice. You may cry.
UNIT TEN -- extra credit films -- all are five points
UNIT ELEVEN -- extra credit films -- all are five points